Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Cleveland Christmas

A week before Christmas, Adam and I drove out to visit my parents in Cleveland. We weren't going to be able to see them for the actual day, so we decided to celebrate early.

As soon as we got there Adam's BFF Pearl came over to hang out with him.


We weren't at their house long before we decided to go out to dinner at the Great Lakes Brewing Company and visit the West Side Market. Ready for an almost all black and white photo post? OK, let's go!

We walked through the market on our way to the brewery to check out the place. We've all heard really amazing things about it and the different vendors there. I had no idea that there would be so many! We ended up buying some yummy cannolis - good stuff.


We didn't spend too much time at the market, because we wanted to put our name in at the restaurant.


I was actually surprised how big the Great Lakes Brewing Company was. There were 3 floors, it was really spread out, and there was a lot of seating. I guess I'm just used to the small breweries around here. It was pretty packed though - I think we waited about 45 minutes to get a table.


They had a ton of great brews available. I'm not a fan of the Christmas Ale (their seasonal pick), so I ended up choosing the Dortmunder Gold.


Downstairs, there was a whole other bar. This place was pretty cool, you could tell the building was really old by all little details that were in this room.


Here's me and my friend Dortmunder.


After dinner, we headed back to the house and had our Christmas present exchange. This year my parents gave me a new sewing machine. Totally pumped about this, since I've been using my mom's from the 1980's that has some... uhh... issues. Adam got a new pea coat. We win!


Here's another gratuitous cat shot to finish off the post! Ollie is so stinking handsome.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search