Sunday, June 9, 2013

Adam's Birthday Take 2

This post has been a long time coming - I've been back in MA trying to finish up some things in lab this past month. I didn't have access to any of my photos, hence the delay in writing this post. I'm back now (for a little bit anyway), so I'm ready to start on my posting again. Get ready for some Disney and Pittsburgh scene.

Way back in April (how is it already June?), Adam's parents took a trip out to Pittsburgh to celebrate his birthday. It was the same weekend that I had to head down to DC on Sunday for the conference I went to, so we decided to celebrate on Sunday morning by heading downtown and having Brunch at Meat & Potatoes. Adam had chicken and waffles and I had the brisket flat bread. Delicious. At brunch they also have a Bloody Mary bar, where you get your choice of ingredients. It's a fun idea and Adam's family really loved it.


Backing up to before brunch though, we had a little time to spare before our reservation and Adam's dad and step-mom took a walk with us to see the Pittsburgh Pirates stadium. They'd never been to the city before, so we thought we should let them experience the yellow bridges!


We walked across the Roberto Clemente bridge (does anyone else think of Adam Sandler in Waterboy when they hear the name Roberto? no, ok, carry on) over to PNC park, which happened to be open to the public that day. We think there was a high school game happening.


We got our pictures with Roberto and walked down the side where all the restaurants would be if it were a real game happening. There's a great view of the city from there.



Fast forward to after brunch, we walked back to our cars through the Theater District, where you'll find these interesting benches. We also took them to Fraley's Robot Repair, an art installation in a shop front (which is sadly no longer).


During brunch, we were talking about what to do for a few hours before I left on my flight and I said we should check out Phipps. I figured it was something that his parents would enjoy doing and it wasn't too much time to walk through.


It was a really great time! We definitely love showing everyone around the 'Burgh and we're so excited when people come to visit us!

2 comments:

  1. Love all your pictures. Makes me want to visit Pittsburgh, which has NEVER been on my to-visit list, hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! you should definitely come visit the 'Burgh. when we have a house you're more than welcome to stay and we'll show you the sights! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search