Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Family Visit: Boston

My mom, sister, and sister's boyfriend came out to visit this week and I decided that we should take a trip out to Boston for the day. My sister's boyfriend, Jamie, has never visited Massachusetts before, and my mom and sister, Alyssa, haven't been to Boston since I was in high school, so I figured it was a good time for them to see it.

We parked at Boston Common parking garage, which is actually surprisingly easy to get to from the highway and it's a great location. As soon as we walked out of the parking garage, we saw this gorgeous fully turned tree. We walked over to Boston Public Garden and saw a few street artists doing their thing.


Right down the road from Boston Common is the Granary Burial Ground (I talked about this place once before on our last trip to Boston). Jamie wanted to check out the old headstones. I never really paid attention to the interesting, different designs of the headstones on our last trip.


From the Granary Burial Ground, we headed over towards Quincy Market and to the waterfront. I figured I should show them all the great touristy places. We stopped in a Christmas ornament store in Quincy Market on our way back and I snapped this pic of this cute peacock ornament. I have no idea why there's a giant macaroni in the middle of the marketplace.


Instead of heading home, we decided to take the T out to Harvard Square. Little did we know that they were having an Oktoberfest celebration that day! The streets were all blocked off, there were vendors everywhere and musical acts positioned at different points around the block. It was a totally different experience for me. If we hadn't just eaten lunch it would have been fun to check out all the different food places.


We didn't stay in Harvard Square long, because the rain came and we decided we should probably head home. It was a really nice trip. If we had planned it a little better we could have taken a Duck Tour or toured a ship in the harbor. Next time!

1 comment:

  1. The photos are gorgeous of Boston. I have only been to Boston one time, but I love how our country has beauty all over and the fall leaves in the North East are just beautiful this time of year. Sounds like you had a nice time with your family.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search