Friday, March 30, 2012

Where Did Winter Go?

Adam and I haven't really done anything exciting in the last few weeks, hence the lack of posts. However, I've been amazed at the fact that we hardly had a winter and things have been blooming super early this year.

Can you believe we went from this:


To this:


In just a matter of about a week? Unfortunately, we're back to the latter, we're supposed to get snow tonight into tomorrow morning. At least it's the weekend and we can just snuggle up inside and watch some movies/DVR/TV!

In other news, I received this lovely nail polish from a Toms Shoes/Essie Polish giveaway that I completely forgot I entered!


Toms Shoes mantra is 'One for One', meaning for every pair of shoes you buy from them, they give a pair to a child in  in need. It's for their 'One Day Without Shoes' campaign which asks people to spread awareness by taking off their shoes for the day (April 10th!) for children who don't have the good fortune of owning a pair of shoes, thus making them more susceptible to diseases and injury. The polish is called 'Barefoot in Blue' and it's a pretty cornflower blue color. I don't have any other blue polishes and surprisingly it looks good on my pale skin, which is a feat in itself! I love Essie polish, it lasts almost a week on my brittle nails, and this polish hasn't disappointed yet.


I work in a lab, so taking my shoes off for the day is not exactly something I can do (I don't even want to know what our lab safety would say about that), so instead I'm going to wear this blue polish proudly. If going shoeless for a day is not something you can do, why not paint your nails blue (like me!) or wear something to symbolize your support for the cause too!

3 comments:

  1. We didn't have much of a winter here, either. Everything is already bloomed out or green! I don't mind it all that much, except that it didn't get cold enough to kill all of the bugs, which keep on hitting my car at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep thinking I need a good pair of Tom's! I think they have them at Faces. It'd be a good item to buy for summer, I keep eyeing the pair of red ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our winter wasn't much and then it was spring.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search