Monday, August 19, 2013

Blue Hen Falls Cleveland, OH

Adam and I have visited a few different waterfalls with my parents in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. We usually go to at least one every time we visit my parents. This trip we decided to go visit Blue Hen Falls. It's a short walk away from the parking lot across the street, but it's definitely worth it. It's a beautiful place (and a very popular one at that)!
It's a little tricky getting down to the falls, not gonna lie, I fell on my butt (I wasn't exactly wearing the right shoes and it was muddy from all the rain).
These kids were really enjoying themselves.
Adam took this one. He's pretty good! :)
We found a random dead crayfish on the banks of the river. No idea where he came from.
This is what it looks like when you set up a long exposure and a random black lab comes running through the water, then walks behind you and shakes off. I definitely didn't appreciate that last part!
Back at my parents house, we were sitting on their deck when we noticed this scary prehistoric monster (seriously, the thing was 3" long). We figured out that it's a dobsonfly. The females (which this one was) has pinschers sharp enough to pierce skin. Needless to say, I kept my eye on it all afternoon.
On our way home, we saw this beautiful sunset. 

2 comments:

  1. Great photos! I always like waterfalls - I could sit and watch them for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely illustration of your travel :) The lab part made me giggle ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search