Friday, June 21, 2013

Father's Day in Cleveland: Part 2

On Father's Day, we had no idea what to do for brunch, we were debating whether to risk going downtown to a popular brunch spot or to just eat at IHOP. IHOP won. We go all out on Father's Day. It was actually for the best because we were pretty close to Chagrin Falls, a gorgeous little town that looks EXACTLY like the town of Shelburne Falls, MA, down to the architecture and waterfalls.

We parked and walked around the upper falls, which had a cute little seating area.


While I was busy taking my photos, Adam and my dad were already across the street, trying to get my attention and pointing at something. Turns out, Adam had sniffed out the only Jeni's Ice Cream shop East of Columbus, which happens to be in Chagrin Falls.


I leisurely walked over taking more photos along the way.


Inside the shop, I was excited to see so many flavors I haven't tried before. Back in December, Adam and I on a whim decided to buy Jeni's mango lassi flavored ice cream (I say on a whim, because it's $10 a pint at our local grocery store). We are now not proud to say we're ob-sessed. I decided to try two of their lighter selections, the cherry lambic sorbet (any ice cream that contains alcohol is a winner in my book) and the lemon and blueberries frozen yogurt. Adam got bananas + honey (a seasonal flavor) and salty caramel and my dad got whisky & pecans & double toasted coconut (another seasonal flavor). Yummmmm.


After we finished our ice cream, we walked down to the lower falls. There's an overlook and a really treacherous looking stair case that brings you down to the rocks at the base of the falls.


The rocks were a bit slippery and there were so many people there, so I just took my time walking around (slowly). At Shelburne Falls, you don't get to go down into the actual falls anymore (probably a good thing).


We didn't hang around long, it was getting late and we needed to get back to Pittsburgh. It was a great weekend with my dad and we're so glad we got to spend some time with him in Cleveland!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search